The aim of the IDP conference is to allow researchers working in the areas of discourse, verbal interaction and prosody to present the latest developments in their research on the interfaces between these domains.
So as to favour convergence among contributions, the IDP09 conference does focus on :
- Prosody, its parts and discourse
- How to analyze the interaction between the different prosodic sub-systems (accentuation, intonation, rhythm; register changes or voice quality)?
- How to model the contribution of each sub-system to the global interpretation of discourse?
- How to describe and analyze prosodic facts, and at which level (phonetic vs. phonological) ?
- Prosodic units and discourse units
- What are the relevant units for discourse or conversation analysis ? What are their prosodic properties ?
- How the embedding of utterances in discourse is marked syntactically or prosodically ? What consequence for the modelling of syntax and prosody ?
- Prosody and context(s)
- What is the contribution of the context in the analysis of prosody in discourse?
- How can the relations between prosody and context(s) be modelled?
- Acquisition of the relations between prosody and discourse
- How are the relations between prosody and discourse acquired in L1, in L2 ?
- Which methodological tools could best describe and transcribe these processes ?